Today is another hot, humid, sticky day in Toronto. The problem isn’t just the heat and moisture in the air, its also the lovely city smog that gets into your pores during this weather. Yuck. So, here is a round up of my fav all-natural deep-pore cleansers that wash away cellular debris, clarify our complexions and detox congestion of exhaust, sebum, dirt and dead skin cells.
1. Pure + Simple’s Green Tea Refining Face Wash – This natural, locally-produced cleanser contains anti-oxidants from green tea but also gentle, natural peeling ingredients derived from apple and sugarcane. Together they renew against the city’s summer pollutants.
2. Jurlique’s Balancing Foaming Cleanser – A refreshing face wash from down-undah! So, formulated for sunny, hot weather. This cleanser won’t dehydrate even though its on the astringent side. Contains peppermint, which disinfects the skin.
3. Naturopathica’s Aloe Cleansing Gel – A gentle wash made with soothing aloe vera gel that also provides a deep-pore cleanse. Great for congested but sensitive skin types.
4. Martina Gebhardt’s Salvia (Sage) Cleanser – Sometimes in the hot, drying sun, you don’t want a gel, instead, you need a cleansing milk. This sage-based wash infuses moisture into acne-prone skin, but harnesses the anti-bacterial, hormone-balancing power of sage to purify your complexion.
5. Pure + Simple’s Organic Vanilla Cleansing Powder – This Ayurvedic beauty product cleans the skin through gentle exfoliation. These refining grains can be used day and night to slough away dead skin cells and renew! But it doesn’t remove make-up, so cleanse with one of the above first if you are looking to cleanse heavily made up skin.