After over a decade of practice, I have noticed a distinct relationship between sensitive skin and high stress. But its not just stress that begets stress, its often our frame of mind. Rosacea often appears in individuals who put a lot of pressure on themselves, have sources of frustration, are competitive and are known perfectionists. These all heighten the heart rate, produce internal heat and therefore cause complexion redness.
Here to help is my own stress counselor – Natalie Shay with useful tips. I am Pitta and naturally exhibit many of these traits, so I enlisted Natalie to help achieve some peace and balance. This video is 15 minutes, which I’m told is loooooong in online time – but I think a quick 15 minute watch that may improve your quality of life and skin is worth it! So, view on for info on:
– How to identify stress – many people don’t even realize when they are stressed out or anxious and it manifests is different ways (bad habits, addiction, procrastination…..)
– The Importance of Routine and Taking Care of Your Health to Manage Stress
– Tools for Stress and Insomnia – Practices such as keeping a journal by your bed is so helpful, This way you don’t keep the next day’s to-do list or racing thoughts in your your mind – you get ’em out on paper.
– Sleep Tips – How to prep your bedroom and sleep-inducing rituals
– Breathing Exercises – Quick and easy breathe-work that you can do anywhere.
Stress leads also to dehydration, indigestion and acne breakouts. For more info on stress and practical ways to treat it, check out my stress blog category. Here there are lots of tools and tips as well as a whole series on meditation.