Ending Acne through Hormonal Balance: An Interview with Dr. Natasha Turner (21:39)[audio:http://holisticvanity.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Dr.-Turner-Acne1.mp3|titles=Dr. Turner – Acne]
I had the pleasure of sitting down with Dr. Natasha Turner, hormone expert and author of best-selling book “The Hormone Diet”. I spoke to Dr. Turner at her clinic Clear Medicine. And let me tell you, it was pretty fun to play interviewer.
The session is packed with useful, applicable information – it spans 21 minutes and 35 seconds, but I do find the most interesting facts are in the heart of the interview. I loved how a lot of her points coincided with the points outlined in my book Beauty: Pure + Simple – while I use Ayurveda, she uses Naturopathy – and its wonderful how you can see the same themes of holistic health with whichever lens you want to see it through.
Have a listen to this enlightening interview in which she outlines how:
- hormones relate to our complexions
- the role of estrogen, testosterone and the birth control pill in acne
- potential detriments to our health when using the birth control pill long-term
- dietary advice for hormonal balance
- supplements for hormonally-related acne
- popular food sensitivities which contribute to break outs
- the influence of emotional stress